Terms and Conditions
- Description of Website and the Services
- Intellectual Property Ownership; License
- Links to Other Websites
- Our Linking Policy
- Acceptable Use
- User Accounts, Additional Terms, End User License Agreements & Subscriptions
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
- Governing Law
1. Description of Website and the Services
In order to use the Website, you must obtain access to the Internet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access.
You acknowledge that the Services include certain elements which allow Bible.is proprietary software to be downloaded to your computer which interacts with other computer programs (including iTunes) and the Bible.is computer servers.
2. Intellectual Property Ownership; License
The copying, reproduction, re-arrangement, sale, leasing, renting, lending, distribution, redistribution, modification or adaptation, downloading, side loading, exchanging, creating of derivative works, uploading, posting, transmitting, communication to the public or publication by you, directly or indirectly, of the Content, including the removal or alteration of advertising, except pursuant to the express limited grant of rights hereunder, is strictly prohibited. You agree to abide by any and all additional notices, information or restrictions in respect of the Properties contained in any part of the Website.
- download and use the Bible.is client-based software in accordance with its pre-defined functionality only;
- listen to scripture and view videos streamed from the Website and participate in the Bible.is community areas;
- embed the Bible.is widget on your personal website or profile pages for non-commercial and private use only; and
- communicate with other members of the Bible.is community;
Provided that you:
- retain and do not alter or tamper with any trademark, copyright and other proprietary or legal notices contained in the original Content or any permitted copy you may make of the Content;
- do not insert any code, product or material to manipulate the Content in any way that affects any user's experience;
- do not copy or seek to copy or "rip" any audio and/or audiovisual content from the Website or any part of the Service;
- do not embed or otherwise exploit the Bible.is product for commercial gain (which includes, for example and without limitation, selling advertising on your site or otherwise monetizing any element of your site which contains the Bible.is brand); and
Bible.is alone shall be responsible for determining, in its discretion, whether any use of the Bible.is Online brand constitutes commercial use in each case.
3. Links to Other Websites
4. Our Linking Policy
If you are the operator of a commercial website and would like to include the Bible.is product in your website, or if you would like to use the web, or other, applications for commercial purposes, please contact us by emailing support@Bible.is.
5. Acceptable Use
You will not use the Properties to:
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, or otherwise communicate to the public:
- any material that is false, unlawful, threatening, tortious, disparaging (including disparaging of Bible.is, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates), anything that adversely affects Bible.is such as discouraging any person or entity from advertising with, linking to or supplying Bible.is, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, or that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism, or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable in Bible.is's sole discretion;
- information, software, content or other material that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other proprietary right;
- material of any kind that contains a virus, time bombs, worms, spyware, adware, malware, bots, any automated use of the system, such as scripts, or other harmful component or restricts or inhibits any other user's uninhibited use and enjoyment of the Properties, interferes with, impairs or disrupts the Properties or servers or networks connected to the Properties;
- information or material of any kind that is false or misleading or that constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact, including, without limitation, by forging any TCP/IP packet header, any part of the header information in any transmission to the Website, or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or from the Website; or
- any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation.
- Encourage, promote, solicit or commit conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Stalk, abuse, sexually exploit, violently exploit, groom, act violently toward, threaten or otherwise harass another user;
- Use or attempt to use another's information, account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted;
- Solicit or collect personal data including telephone numbers, addresses, last names, email addresses, or any other kind of information about users on or through the Website; and
- Undertake any commercial purpose or activity without the prior written consent of Bible.is.
You represent, warrant and agree that you will comply with the above acceptable use requirements. Bible.is reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any user's account or take such other action as Bible.is sees fit in relation to any user who breaches Bible.is's acceptable use policy or any of the other terms set forth herein. In extreme cases or as required by law or regulation, Bible.is reserves the right to take court action and/or report users to the relevant authorities.
6. User Accounts, Additional Terms, End User License Agreements & Subscriptions
If you choose to provide information to the Website, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information. If you create a user account, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, if any, and agree you will not sell, transfer or assign your user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access any password-protected portion of the Website or other Properties using your name, user name or password in whole or in part.
You may be able to purchase a subscription for certain additional features of the Website and Services. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to Bible.is. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
Bible.is may decide to run competitions, promotions, prize draws and other opportunities on the Website and these will be governed by a separate set of terms and conditions. A link to these terms and conditions will be found on the Website, alongside details of the specific competition, promotion, prize draw and other opportunities. It is your responsibility to read those terms and conditions for details about the terms that shall apply and any eligibility requirements.
Any software that we make available for download or use from the Website and/or our servers (the "Software") is the intellectual property of Bible.is or its licensors or suppliers. Any such "Software" shall be considered a "Service" or one of the "Properties" as such terms are defined and used herein. Your use of the Software may be governed by the terms of an end user license agreement that may accompany or that may be included with the Software (the "License Agreement"). Please carefully read any License Agreement and Paragraph 7 above to determine the full extent of the terms and conditions governing the use of such Software.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER USE, REPRODUCTION, REDISTRIBUTION OR OTHER EXPLOITATION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, UNLESS SUCH USE, REPRODUCTION, REDISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION IS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THE LICENSE AGREEMENT APPLICABLE TO SUCH SOFTWARE.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, AND FUNCTIONS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH OR SENT FROM THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE, " AND "WITH ALL FAULTS." TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, Bible.is AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) ABOUT: (A) THE PROPERTIES; (B) THE CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ON AND PROVIDED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES; (C) THE FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES; (D) THE MESSAGES, CONTENT AND INFORMATION SENT FROM OR THROUGH THE PROPERTIES BY USERS; (E) ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES; AND/OR (F) THE TREATMENT OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIAL OR DATA TRANSMITTED BY USERS TO THE PROPERTIES; (G) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE PROPERTIES OR ANY LINKED SITE. Bible.is DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PROPERTIES, ANY OF THE PROPERTIES' FUNCTIONS OR ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE PROPERTIES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Bible.is DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR USE OF THE PROPERTIES IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION AND, IN ANY EVENT, Bible.is SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING ANY OF THE FEATURES OF THE PROPERTIES, YOU ACT AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACCESS AND ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT.
Bible.is, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT FOR THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR OTHER PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN. WHERE ANY JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES AS SET OUT ABOVE, THE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT THE LAW OF SUCH JURISDICTION IS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PROPERTIES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Bible.is, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM (COLLECTIVELY, THE "Bible.is ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS") BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO (1) THE PROPERTIES, THE CONTENT, OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION; (2) THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PROPERTIES OR ANY OF THE CONTENT OR FEATURES THEREON; (3) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY Bible.is OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE PROPERTIES OR CONTENT; (4) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OWNERS; (5) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PROPERTIES' TECHNICAL OPERATION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE Bible.is ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE PROPERTIES).
THE Bible.is ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, HARDWARE, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS THE PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR RISK.
YOU RECOGNIZE AND CONFIRM THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF Bible.is'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, TELEVISION SHOW, MOTION PICTURE OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY Bible.is AND/OR ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND/OR AFFILIATES OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY Bible.is WEB SITE, SERVICES, PROPERTIES, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, SCRIPTURE, TELEVISION SHOW, MOTION PICTURE OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OR YOUR UPLOAD INFORMATION OR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS RELATED THERETO.
12. Governing Law
You are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your use of the Properties and the Content, including, without limitation, those governing your transmission or use of any software or data.