- The entry of personal data on this site is completely optional and will require you to setup an account with a password and an email address. Please choose a password that is not easy for someone else to guess, such as birthday, national identification number and phone number.
- If you want to, you can also submit additional personal information (including on your profile and on message boards). Please remember that any information you submit becomes public information that can be viewed by others.
- Certain third parties may have access to your data (which may include personal information, but not your email contact information) via our API and web services or arrangements with our business partners. These people may use this information for their own purposes, which may be either commercial or non-commercial in nature and may include targeted advertising or direct marketing. These third parties may be based in the United States or elsewhere in the world.
- We may use the email address provided by you to contact you from time to time about the Bible.is service. We won't pass your email address on to anyone to contact you directly about their own products or services, unless you have provided your prior consent to do so.
- Your pseudonymous listening habit data will be available to other Bible.is users for non-commercial use and to third parties via our API for their own commercial and/or non-commercial purposes. This statistical information is used to help third parties understand the likes and dislikes of Bible.is fans.
- Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use our service and must not attempt to register with us and/or submit any personal information to us. Young people between 13 and 17 should not send any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet (including to us) without asking their parents/legal guardians for permission beforehand.
The Policy explains how Bible.is collects and uses information. We hope that our candor will remove any concerns you may have and will make visiting the Website a rewarding experience.
If you would like to obtain information about how we may have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may send such requests to us via postal mail at: Bible.is c/o Faith Comes By Hearing, 2421 Aztec Rd, Albuquerque, NM 87107, or contact us via email at: support@Bible.is.
Although we endeavor to keep you up-to-date on all changes made to the Website, this Policy may be amended from time to time without notice to you. It is your responsibility to read the Policy carefully and review any changes that may have been made.
1. Personal InformationIn order to use certain features of the Website, you will need to register. When registering you will be asked to provide an email address and create a username and password. You may also choose to create a more detailed profile of yourself on the Website by submitting additional personal information. Please note that even if you do not provide any additional personal information to the Website (e.g., by adding it to your user profile), if you choose a username that includes or reveals your name or any other personal information, such information may be available to other users of the Website and to the general public.
2. Scripture RecordingsFrom the moment you register and begin listening to scripture on Bible.is, our Profile Navigation software will begin to create and maintain your record collection. This is accomplished by monitoring your activity on the website (i.e. which songs you listen to, which scriptures you skip, and the degree of difference or similarity you request when you choose to skip a particular book, chapter or verse). All of the information that is generated by your activity on the website is fed back for the purpose of monitoring user trends. Bible.is makes some of this information available to third parties to undertake development of new products and services via the API.
Bible.is does not process any personally identifiable information related to your scripture preference and/or profile in any manner other than as described in this Policy.
3. Location-based InformationWe keep track of the domains from which people visit Bible.is, but we cannot see a user's zip code, post code, city or country unless the user chooses to explicitly provide this information to us. If you do choose to include information about your city or country of residence when setting up your user profile, please be aware that such information may be available for viewing by other users of the Website and to the general public.
4. Browser InformationWe collect data regarding the users of Bible.is, including: (i) The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user's computer. This may or may not be associated with a particular Internet Service Provider (ISP); (ii) The referring URL, if any; (iii) The browser software identification (i.e. the brand and version of your browser software).
5. Statistical InformationWe log certain information concerning the listening, skipping and scripture-sharing activities of users and other activities whilst they use the Website, and we may match such information with personally identifiable information concerning such users. For example, it is possible for us to know which books, chapters and verses you listen to, which you skip, and which you recommend to other users. However, information related to your listening, skipping and scripture-sharing activities may be viewed by all other users (who may include other organizations or representatives of other organizations who have registered as Bible.is users) in conjunction with your Bible.is username and by third parties who have access to this information via Bible.is's API and web services, as further explained in this Policy.
6. Use of Personal InformationWe will use the email address provided by you when you register to contact you from time to time. This may be for security reasons (so that we can check that you are who you say you are), to ask your opinion about the Website, or it may be to keep you updated on the services currently available on the Website and any changes to those services and those that we intend to launch in the future. We may also use such personal information to send you notices, on behalf of others and ourselves, regarding products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
Your username, together with other information concerning your use of the Bible.is Website, as well as any personal information included in your user profile, will be made available via Bible.is's open application interface (the "API"). See section 11 below for further details.
We will not permit any third parties to contact you directly on an unsolicited basis in relation to their own products or services, unless you have provided your express prior consent when signing up on the Website. You may withdraw your consent by notifying us at support@Bible.is.
7. Blogs / Chat / Communications With Other UsersWe currently offer a blog and in the future we may offer other interactive features, such as instant messaging and chat. Please note that all personal information you display or communicate using such functionality becomes public information and we are not responsible for any information you choose to make public. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor such traffic via electronic software or otherwise in order to check for obscenity, defamation or abusive language, which we reserve the right to remove at any time. In addition, if you choose to personally communicate or meet with any other Bible.is user by exchanging postal/email addresses, telephone numbers or otherwise via the interactive functionality of Bible.is, you do so at your own risk.
9. LinksWe may display links to third party sites. However, we cannot control and cannot be held responsible for those other sites, their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
10. Personally Identifiable InformationBible.Is complies with all standards of disclosure as it pertains to your personal identifiable information. You have the right to be informed of, and to have access to, all of the personally identifiable information we hold about you, and you may do so by visiting your user profile when logged in to your account on the Website, or by emailing us at: Support@Bible.is.
11. Bible.is Software and transfers of your informationIf you choose to download the Bible.is software, it will monitor all the scripture you listen to on your computer. It will then send this information to Bible.is. This information will then be integrated into Bible.is to improve our product. The Bible.is software cannot and will not collect and transfer any other information from your computer other than as described above. Bible.is cannot be liable for any damage which may occur to your computer as a result of downloading the Bible.is software, nor shall it be liable for any invasion of privacy related to the same.
We may use third-party partners to help operate our Website, and we may share your information with our affiliates, service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this Website or for our business (such as Web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
Bible.is operates an 'open API' and web services program, which enables developers and other third parties to freely use statistics and data collected by Bible.is to create programs and other interesting services which help develop the Bible.is community.
Certain third party individuals or organizations may have access to your personal information (excluding your email contact information) via Bible.is's API and web services or as a result of agreements between Bible.is and its preferred partners.
Certain third-party advertisements on the Website may enable you to submit your username and/or other personal information within the advertisement in order to receive information or services provided by third parties. Such advertisements are provided by third parties, and thus, the collection and use of information submitted via the advertisements is by such third parties and is subject to their privacy policies.
Bible.is cannot guarantee that all third parties will abide by such restrictions. Where we deem it appropriate, we will take appropriate action against such third party, which may include terminating their access to personal information.
Most browsers have cookies turned on as a default, but you can always disable cookies or only allow non-persistent cookies via your browser preferences. If you choose to disable cookies, however, you won't be able enjoy a significant proportion of Bible.is's functionality. Please remember that cookies cannot read your hard drive or give any information collected to any third party. A cookie can only be read by the organization that sets it.
13. Third-Party Ad ServersWe may use third-party advertising companies to target and serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (generally not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies may employ cookies and other tracking technologies to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is generally not personally identifiable (unless, for example, you provide personal information to them through an ad or e-mail message). We encourage you to read these businesses' privacy policies if you should have any concerns about how they will care for your information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, see the Network Advertising Initiative's consumer Web site at http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer.
14. SecurityBible.is endeavors to protect the security of your information as much as we endeavor to protect our own information and network. We employ firewalls and store all of our files and information on terminals which require password access.
You should never disclose your account password to unauthorized people. We use certain security measures to help keep your personal information safe, but we cannot guarantee that these measures will stop any users try to get around the privacy or security settings on the Website through unforeseen and/or illegal activity. Consequently, you acknowledge that there are circumstances in which your personal information may be accessed by unauthorized persons.
In the event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at support@Bible.is. with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
15. Bible.is Policy for Young PeopleChildren under the age of 13 are not eligible to use the Website and must not attempt to register with Bible.is and/or submit any personal information to us.. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at support@Bible.is., and we will delete all relevant information.
16. Legally-Compelled DisclosuresWe believe in privacy and therefore will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personally identifiable information remains private. However, in the event that we are required to disclose personally identifiable information by a court, the police or other law enforcement bodies for their investigations, regulation or other governmental authority we will make such a disclosure without being in violation of this Policy.
17. ConsentBy disclosing any information to Bible.is through the Website and by using the Bible.is Website as a registered user, you are consenting to the collection, storage and use of your personal information by Bible.is as set out in this Policy and the Terms and Conditions, and you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories.
If you decide that you do not want your personal information to be used in the way described in this Policy, you can send us a notice that you wish to withdraw your consent as set out above by emailing support@Bible.is.. Because the Bible.is community relies on users sharing information, withdrawing your consent will mean that you are not able to receive the full benefits of Bible.is's service as a user. Additionally, if you do not provide your consent, or if you withdraw your consent, you should not use the Website as a registered user, which means that many features will be unavailable to you.